Personal Training Jobs
Are you thinking about a career in personal training? Or perhaps you are already a personal trainer, but you are ready to make your next career move? If your answer is “yes!” then you are in the right place. The Fitness Associates provides a job platform for finding the best personal training jobs in the UK, as well as practical career advice to help you secure your perfect personal training role. We pride ourselves on bringing you a wide range of exciting opportunities with the most credible and dynamic brands, offering you the career satisfaction you truly deserve.
How can I become a personal trainer?
If you don’t already have experience as a personal trainer, never fear; we are here to point you in the right direction. Your first step to beginning your career as a personal trainer is securing the appropriate qualifications to make sure that you have the skills and knowledge you will need to provide your clients with the highest level of support.
There are lots of different personal training qualifications available, but don’t feel daunted. Although you can complete a university qualification to become a personal trainer, this isn’t completely necessary. You may instead choose to go down the Further Education path, undertaking a certificate or diploma level qualification, to fast track your entrance to the fitness industry. Some of these courses include:
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Gym
- Level 2 Diploma in Health, Fitness and Exercise Instruction
- Level 2 Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
- Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 4 Advanced Specialist Subject
I am already a personal trainer, but I need a change.
We get it. Sometimes a change is as good as a holiday! Here at The Fitness Associates, we don’t want to just help you find your next job. We are here to help you find your dream job; the role that makes you feel excited when you wake up each morning, rather than the feeling of dread or frustration that you are currently experiencing.
Before you get started on your job hunt, there are a few questions you should ask yourself about your ideal personal training role:
- Are you looking for a full-time role or would you prefer to work as a freelancer?
- What type of clients do you want to work with?
- Are there any specialisations you would like to explore?
- What are your financial expectations? Do these fit with the type of clients and specialisations you have in mind?
What can I expect in the personal training industry?
We won’t lie. Personal training requires a lot of energy, both physical and mental. The upside is that personal training is a hugely rewarding career, as you are guiding, coaching, mentoring and supporting your clients to achieve their personal goals. So what else can you expect? Here’s a sneak peek:
- Long, unusual hours – If you are looking for a standard 9-5 job, then personal training may not be for you. Because most of your clients will be working in their sessions around their own day-jobs, there is an expectation that you will be available early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
- Lots of flexibility – Personal training can be really flexible, as ultimately, you get to choose the days and hours that suit you. Keep in mind that as we have mentioned though, you need to be available for your clients!
- Difficult clients – As you are working with people to achieve their personal goals, be prepared for some difficult clients. Personal training is not just about lifting weights; there is a lot of mindset work that your clients will need to do as well and you will need to support them through this.
- Variety with a capital “V” – No two clients are the same, which makes for an interesting work day! Embrace the variety and as you gain more experience you will develop an “ideal client” profile, which will help you to refine your niche and gain more satisfaction as your personal training career grows.
Interested in finding out more about the personal training jobs available in your area? See below to check out our job platform!
Personal Training Jobs
personal training jobspersonal trainer jobs
51 Jobs & Vacancies
- Posted 1 week ago
- SpecialismPersonal trainer & Fitness instructor jobs
We know you want to be a successful Personal Trainer, and we want our PTs to have the support they need...Read more